What's on My Mind

Saturday, June 05, 2010




Madman

A woman dancing in the middle of the road, on a highway corner from Batusangkar to Sawahlunto, West Sumatra. She use brown shorts and a crumpled bra. I am in a car that almost hit him. If the car did not immediately step on the brakes or if my friend who drove the car at high speed, I can not imagine what will be happened.

From inside the car I could see the woman, can be ascertained that she suffered severe mental disorders.

I got to thinking, why do so many crazy people on the streets that exist in Indonesia? They stay on the street, and then of course their family does not care anymore. Or they no longer have a family. Is the government also did not care with them?

I remember when I was in Yogyakarta during the holidays. When I get around to sightseeing around the city, I met some crazy people who roam on the street. They looks in very bad mental state because it seems it can not again invited to communication. Looks very dirty, sometimes even without wearing anything. People become afraid with them even just passed through near them, because they are so smelly. They picked some food from trash cans.

Many news stories are also written in the mass media and television informed that the sweeping is done by social services of a city able to capture a madman in large number. When traced their origins, these crazy people are exiles from other cities. They brought by a open truck / pickup car from a town and dumped in another city. So do not be surprised if suddenly in a town in Indonesia there are many crazy people who hang around on the street in large numbers.



No comments:

Post a Comment